Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Clairaudience vs Clairvoyance

Young Witch Discussion #7 - Clairaudience vs Clairvoyance (I couldn't think of a catchy title for this one!)

As I mentioned in my first post, I am a clairaudient/voyant. I put the audient first as that is my dominant trait. So, to explain for those of you at home, here is the difference between clairaudience and clairvoyance a quick role-call of what that means: 

Clairaudient
This is the ability to hear the inaudible, that is, that which cannot be heard by the average ear. In my case, I hear the spirits of those who have passed on. I tend not to tell people this as most think it idiotic, but these are my ramblings and I shall tell the truth. I first realised I possessed this ability when I was little, but every child has imaginary friends and so I didn't think much of it at the time. It was only when I got to be a teenager that I realised the voices wouldn't leave me alone, and so I had to learn to train myself. I'd often reply to someone calling me when nobody living had done. I'd like to take a moment here to tell you it's not like it is in the movies. I don't constantly have a stream of whispers in my head driving me insane. I have the odd comment, which gets worse as the veil thins (see my post about the Wheel of the Year). This may be different for different people and I'd like to hear their viewpoints on the matter. I'm a film student and I've started writing a short film called 'Insight' which focuses on a girl with this ability: watch this space for more in future. 

Clairvoyant
Those of you familiar with linguistics and etymology will know that 'audient' means hearing, and so 'voyant' means seeing. A clairvoyant is often portrayed as a psychic looking into a magic ball, but actually the reality (in my case anyway) is very different. I first discovered that I was clairvoyant when I noticed my friends at primary school were all surrounded by light. Thinking that was what everyone saw I never really questioned it, and it was only when I was a young teenager and came across some reading about auras that I realised what I was seeing. Since then I have learnt to turn it on and off like a rainbow lightswitch, but it's quite fun at parties when everyone wants to know their colour. I see spirits too, usually only around the thinning of the veil, but sometimes all year round. I never really realise what they are until it's too late. They're solid, mostly, not like the translucent beings portrayed all over. And, unlike everyone seems to think, they're not all pre-1950s looking. 

Do you have any abilities such as these? I'd be very interested to know your thoughts. 

Blessed be, 
Young Witch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colour Me Some Colour-Representation

Young Witch Discussion #8 - Colour Symbolism in Magick As previously mentioned in a post, colour symbolism in Magick is quite important. T...