Merry Meet!
So hello, introductions - that seems a good place to start.
I'm 24 years old, from the Lake District, England and I am a practicing Pagan, empath and clairaudient/voyant.
I first began to practice magick as a child, really, when it was passed on to me by my Mother who is a practicing Wiccan, though she isn't as 'out and proud' as me. I found being a young witch fascinating, though granted I did get upset that I couldn't just point and things would magically happen like in 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' (the original, not the new one... don't even get me started), or that being a young witch didn't mean I'd get accepted to Hogwarts. Nevertheless, the path suited me and I found myself comfortable within it. My main branch of practice as a Pagan is through the Hellenic path, that is Greek Gods, but I do speak also to Norse and Egyptian deities. I do practice elements of Wicca too - my Mother introduced me to Paganism by telling me it's a Smörgåsbord of deities and beliefs, whichever appeal to you the most at certain times. We have our main deities but others are on zero-hour contracts. My main ones would be Apollo, the Goddess, Hermes, Bast and Odin.
Finding people who share your beliefs is always difficult. Even in 'mainstream religion' viewpoints differ and opinions clash. I've found it hard to find Pagan friends and even when I have they believe different things to me. That's the beauty of being a Pagan. The literal definition of 'Pagan' is "holding different beliefs to those of mainstream religions" and so take from that what you will.
I discovered I was clairaudient and clairvoyant when I was about 4 years old, though at the time didn't think much of it. Most children have a sixth sense that they then lose as they get older, but mine stuck around. Stick around yourselves for a later blog post more about these abilities.
I would like to add in a disclaimer here: this blog will be a collection of ramblings from my point of view about what it's like to practice magick in modern society and my view on the changing world. My opinions are my own and I fully accept and understand that everyone has their own story to tell. In fact I would be very interested to hear your viewpoints and ideas in the comments below.
So, that's me.
Blessed be,
Young Witch
Would love to follow your post but have trouble read black on white and white on black is even worse.....sorry
ReplyDeleteHiya, I've changed it now so hopefully it's better for you x
DeleteGood luck with the blog. BTW - those who struggle with fonts on blogs could probably choose to see it via an RSS feed so they see it as an email in their email inbox each day.
ReplyDelete